Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year!

I didn’t blog much at the end of the year, but I was knitting like mad. I gave many knitted gifts for the holidays: a striped Noro scarf and hat for my sister-in-law, the double-moss socks I finally finished to my mother, two felted potholders for my mother, and a set of six dishcloths for my in-laws. I made a pair of toddler mittens as a hostess gift. I also sent a mini-sweater and stocking ornament through an ornament exchange. I made my elder daughter a pair of mittens and used the rest of the skein to make a ruffled hat for the baby.

I also got some very nice knitting gifts from my family. My husband gave me a lovely wooden ball winder and umbrella swift, which I put into use right away, winding up my stash of Cascade 220. I also received some pretty stitch markers, gift cards to JoAnn, the winter issue of Interweave Knits, and a few books:

Knitting Beyond the Edge: Cuffs and Collars*Necklines*Hems*Closures - The Essential Collection of Decorative Finishes

One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet


Museum of Kitschy Stitches: A Gallery of Notorious Knits

It’s not a knitting gift per se, but my new Canon PowerShot Digital Elph will be great for blogging!

Currently, I’m working on a log cabin blanket, some socks for my husband, and the Equestrian Blazer from the winter IK. I try to knit a little every day