Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sold Out

First of all, Happy Mothers Day!

Yesterday morning we had a garage sale to get rid of some things we don't want, don't need, don't fit, or can't move. We cleared over $400 - yay! We sold lots of outgrown kid clothes, some housewares, books, a bunch of computer equipment, potted plants (movers won't move them), toys, furniture....general stuff. We also gave away the firewood in the side yard, the remnants of the ash tree from the backyard that fell over a year ago. Thanks for the new roof, ash tree, it's a selling point in our favor. It was fun but exhausting.

I met a knitter from the neighborhood during the sale and we had a nice sock chat. She even showed me her socks in progress, made from the same type of yarn I'm planning to use for my Sock Wars pair. Speaking of Sock Wars, I received the dossier of my target this evening. My target has size 10 feet - ack! I wound my yarn into center pull balls so it's all ready to go on Friday. I'm almost to the heel of the second sock of my warmup pair but can put an unfinished sock on scrap yarn if I don't finish it by the end of the week and need to free up my 1.5s. Fear my pointy needles, Bond Jane Bond!

No comments: