Sunday, May 03, 2009

Whither thou goest...

Gee, it's been a while since I had a non-pattern post.

My husband has recently accepted a job offer in Indiana, so our family is getting ready to relocate next month. One of the first things I did was arrange and consolidate my yarn stash, which really has shrunk quite a bit over the last year. It fits comfortably into four Sterilite drawers.

I was born in Iowa and lived there until I was 12, and spent most summers there through high school, but it's been twenty years since I've been through a Midwestern winter. I've become quite accustomed to the mild California climate. We'll have a lot more use for handknits when there's actual cold weather.

There's so much to do it's better not to think about it all at once. We've been clearing out closets and getting ready to have a monster garage sale next weekend. We're talking with the relocation company tomorrow to discuss the timing of getting an appraisal on the house, making a trip to Indianapolis to find somewhere to live, and moving. I gave notice at my job late last week - my last day will be in early June. Once we get there, I need to find a job, and I haven't interviewed outside my current company for 11 years. Then there's day care for the kids, getting E enrolled in school, and learning everything we need to know about a new city.

All in all, it's an exciting change for us. I've always told people that the Midwest is a nice place to be from.

No comments: