Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fairly Busy

I thought I would jump right in to being a Hoosier and enter some knitting in the upcoming State Fair. I don't expect to win anything but had a great time entering the Ventura County fair last year.Next weekend is the time to take in entries, and I've been working on several projects for the categories I am enrolled in.

The Eleanor socks I knit as the July pair for my personal sock club are my entry for Adult Accessory. The yarn is Knit Picks Bare that I dyed during my first attempt at hand-dyeing.

photo.jpg

For Child Accessory, I made a mistake rib scarf, from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, for the Biscuit to wear this winter and added a corkscrew fringe.

photo.jpg

I am done with knitting another Cabin Carry as a Felted Purse entry, but haven't felted it yet.

photo.jpg

I am totally thrilled with how my Aubrey shawl came out (see previous post for pattern and more photos) and it will be my entry for Shawl/Scarf.

photo.jpg

I also signed up for Adult Sweater - One Color, and knit an Amelia in some cream Cascade 220 Superwash. I just sewed the buttons on this afternoon. However, I cocked up the neckline something fierce and the fit is otherwise disastrous on me. It is currently stuffed into a bag in my room until it either mends its non-flattering ways or I think of someone else to give it to. Plan B is to enter my February Lady Sweater, shown here in a lovely ladies room shot.

photo.jpg

Not all of my recent knitting has been for the fair. Friday evening I finished this baby gift for a co-worker of Greg's. The hat is Little Pumpkin from Itty Bitty Hats and the sockies are something I ginned up on the fly to go with.

photo.jpg

And sometimes I do thing other than knit and work and care for my young. After the morning thunderstorms cleared up yesterday and we were back from running errands it was a lovely breezy day outside. There is a dead tree of some kind, let's call it an Indiana Thornbush, in the greenbelt behind our house, and I went after about half of it with a handsaw and lack of common sense. I had a good time pulling out branches and snapping off twigs and said "C'mon, you son of a bitch" more than is probably ladylike.

No comments: