Sunday, May 23, 2010

Two Long

The shawlette I am working on calls for a 24" size 4 circular needle. I was sure I had one, but it turns out that I do not. My Denise Interchangeable Set only has needle tips down to size 5. I didn't get a chance to go to knit night this last week since we wore ourselves out shopping for a chair after a second grade play on Thursday afternoon, and yesterday we had a houseful of kids for an overnight stay so I couldn't pop up to the LYS then either.

I do, however, have two 16" size 4 circular needles. I recently read a tip on Ravelry about using two circulars for shawls or other large pieces to allow yourself to spread the stitches out and see more of the final shape. Turns out it is also a good fix for having two of the almost right needle and none of the correct one.

As my mental accounting of my needle inventory is obviously flawed, I am organizing them into my new namaste circular needle case. Mine is peacock blue, and I bought it with some Loopy Ewe gift certificates from my Project Runway Ravelry pool win. I also picked up an eggplant buddy case, which is a nice step up from my Altiods tin for my scissors and markers.

No comments: